I joined Akshar Yoga Teacher’s Training program in January 2017, and I just got the certification (July). I’m super excited about it.
The practice of yoga is infectious.
It starts with one class. Then two classes per day and then when you take an unlimited monthly package that basically means you’re hooked!
Couple months pass by… and you and your yoga practice are now having a serious love affair. Then you want more, the more is called Teacher’s Training Program.
Consider these points before joining TTC
- Becoming a yoga teacher starts with making a commitment to yourself to be trained well. It’s You, Your asanas and Your Mat (nothing else should come in between).
- It means practicing yoga daily. Initially, you need to practice 2-3 hours. One hour of your self-practice and experience will give you the most.
- Take teacher’s training seriously. Avoid taking breaks or trips during that time.
- Let go of your ego. Don’t compare yourself to others. Each of us has had moments in which we were strong, flexible and balanced and then there are moments when were falling over, or even worse falling asleep. “Your Mind, Your Body is Your Mind and Your Body alone.”
- Spend time each day on yoga websites. Yogainternational.com and yogajournal.com both are good resources.
- Take care of yourself by drinking plenty of water, sleep and keep more and more practice.
Yoga Training Program is about Breaking Free
Just know this – yoga is so much more than just movement. It’s a community of like-minded people that are connecting, breathing, loving, and raising the vibration of this world – one yoga class at a time.
Don’t ever feel intimidated or fearful of your practice not being “strong” enough. You + your magic yoga mat are all you need.
The rest will fall into place.
Enjoy the journey yogis, it’s an amazing ride. Also, Please remember what matters most is the Journey, not the destination. Here’s about my journey in the world of yoga, if you’d like to know more.
So, at any point in time, if you choose to get the Akshar Yoga Teacher Training Certification, keep the above-mentioned points in mind. Good luck!